Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Ville Platte, LA, United States|
Schlumberger is a technology company that partners with customers to access energy. The company provides leading digital solutions and deploys innovative technologies to enable performance and sustainability for the global energy industry. The company collaborates to create technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join its team
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (4 years) from college or university
- Possess 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing and experience in 2D and 3D modeling (AutoCAD & Inventor)
- Create standard operating procedures for manufacturing operations.
- Create work instructions from engineering bills of material.
- Design fixtures and tooling for machining, welding, and pressure testing processes.
- Determine in-house manufacturing capabilities.
- Investigate and troubleshoot manufacturing deficiencies.
- Learn and understand the facility manufacturing processes and determine ways to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Make improvements to or develop safer material handling processes of equipment or product.
- Various other manufacturing responsibilities such as project management, shop layout design, safety-related initiatives, cycle time, and cost reduction projects.
- Work on facility Capital, Six Sigma, and Safety Projects.
- Work with outside vendors for purchasing of equipment from the quotation phase and through installation.
- Ability to gather information from database software, export to MS Excel, and provide graphical analysis as needed.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operating procedures.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Knowledge of reading and understanding technical drawings, features, and basic geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
- Should have a basic understanding of CNC machining processes, various welding processes and equipment, and general manufacturing knowledge.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; 3D Solid Modeling, and 2 CAD Design software; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Power BI).
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All the qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit xjobs.brassring.com.