Website API Heat Transfer
Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Arcade, NY, United States|
|Company||API Heat Transfer|
API Heat Transfer is a global leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions. The product portfolio and expertise consist of multiple heat transfer technologies, and we deliver the most complete solution for virtually every application and industry.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will plan, design, arrange, change and optimize manufacturing processes. The position will support all activities in the areas of production, maintenance, engineering, and sales.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Additional responsibilities: managing and developing direct reports to support employees’ and company’s goals and objectives; coordinating work with tool room personnel, assigned technicians, and outside vendors.
- Creating and maintaining accurate documentation of tooling drawings, equipment requirements, and associated plant layouts.
- Developing and executing process improvements and capital appropriations that support cost reductions, new product development, quality & safety improvements. Conferring with vendors in determining tooling and equipment specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchases to support product requirements. Collaborating with Sales, Application, and Design engineering regarding new product tooling and design to ensure that we develop methods and equipment that support the customers’ requirements and manufacturability in production. Designing and developing manufacturing processes and tooling/equipment for enhancements, product changes.
- Developing, evaluating, improving, and documenting manufacturing processes. Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments. Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and safety. Work closely with the manufacturing department to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employees.
- Providing support to production colleagues, while ensuring all production equipment and tooling is operating correctly. Providing engineering support in the production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Supporting Sales and Application Engineering by providing time studies and gathering equipment/tooling requirements for new programs and changes to existing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detail-oriented focus while balancing several simultaneous duties and initiatives.
- Familiarity with Metal Fabrication, Welding, and Heat Treatment knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to independently manage workload and continuously promote a reduced stress environment.
- Six Sigma certification (greenbelt or blackbelt) preferred.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing initiatives with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
API Heat Transfer is Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.