Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Harrisonburg, VA, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer who will provide support to all areas (engineering – advanced, program, or development; manufacturing; commercial; quality; etc.) where manufacturing technology expertise is required, including launch support, welding, robotics, and customer initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field (college/university)
- 2 years of Engineering Experience in Manufacturing
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing facility (preferred)
- Experience with CNC machining, automation, robotics, design, packaging, or Welding
- Experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, or electrical
- Experience with welding (preferable)
- Experience working with PLCs, HMI, and relay logic
- Extensive experience in tool/fixture and manufacturing process development with knowledge of CAD or FEA and functional expertise in the application of GD&T
- Analyze, compare, and select equipment best suited for various applications.
- Coordinate with Operations to identify requirements for process controls, develop control strategies, and implement them.
- Develop preventative maintenance and additional procedures in support of systems and instruments installed.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve equipment and component reliability.
- Maintain control over systems by assuring maintenance of system documentation.
- Provide engineering expertise and technical guidance to maintenance to perform repairs, design changes, or other corrections as a result of troubleshooting or performance evaluation.
- Provide training and technical supervision to instrumentation and electrical personnel for automation control systems.
- Research new technologies and procedures relative to automation and controls that could be utilized to improve the business and processes.
- Support the design, specification, installation, startup, and validation of process control systems, electrical systems, and instrumentation for capital and upgrade projects. Ensure site specifications are met and that good engineering practices are followed. Coordinate with other engineers, project managers, and suppliers to ensure a complete and timely design and implementation.
- Troubleshoot control and instrumentation systems to resolve complex equipment issues.
- Process/application knowledge of processes currently utilized in Manufacturing is required. (i.e., welding, stamping, tubing, assembly).
- Working knowledge of Autocad, Solidworks, CREO, or related programs.
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.