Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Athens, AL, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products within a manufacturing plant environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field (college/university)
- 3-5 years related manufacturing engineering experience (preferred)
- CQI23 Molding, CQI12 Coating, CQI30 Rubber Molding – min of 5 years of experience in the CQI (for the area) or a combination of a minimum of 5 years of relevant formal education and experience.
- Abide by the plant’s safety policy, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. An employee should report, and if necessary, stop any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Assist the Process Line Manager in the development of capital and expense budgets.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Develop, recommend, and implement changes that will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality.
- Estimate production rates, setup, and tooling costs for inquiry and new part setup.
- Evaluate new products and make recommendations relative to manufacturing feasibility.
- Investigate and solve problems related to tooling, equipment, and processes.
- May be given certain authority within job scope by Manager
- May specialize in a skill set such as PLC programming, welding, automation, vision system, etc.
- Responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products. Billet molding of PTFE compounds, PTFE Oven knowledge, and CNC lathe programming are key processes within this Value Stream.
- Train department personnel in safety, setup, operations, and troubleshooting of existing and new equipment.
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.