Manufacturing Engineer 4 Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer 4|
|Location||Long Beach, CA, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services.
Spares Engineering Design under Boeing Global Services provides DE and Manufacturing engineering support. It provides engineering solutions for obsolescent parts.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will work on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from a recognized school, college or university.
- The candidates should have 10+ years of manufacturing or machine shop environment experience
- Create quote backup sheets to provide suppliers’ summaries of part manufacturing requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge in manufacturing processing such as machining, milling, welding, brazing, sheet metals, break form, hand form, extrusion, forging, rolling, bending, and casting.
- Develop, implement and maintain various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions, and illustrations to define and document as-built configurations.
- Handle general quotes and orders by acknowledging requests, cataloging parts in IT systems, validate parts history, determine replacements/inter-changeability, and recommend preferred configurations to resolve manufacturing and supplier-related issues.
- Interact primarily with internal personnel, inter-organizational and external customers on routine matters.
- Make recommendations for spares configurations on customers’ Authority to Manufacture requests.
- Perform producibility assessments for part or product designs.
- Provide immediate, rapid, and diligent engineering response to our customers’ technical inquiries related to spare parts manufacturing for out-of-production aircraft.
- Review, approve and process Spares Material Authorization License (Authority to Manufacture) requests. Manufacturing engineers will need to analyze, investigate, and internal manufacturing capabilities prior to SMAL fulfillment.
- Support computerized systems transition from Boeing Legacy systems to SAP and perform data cleansing activities.
- Master’s Degree (program) in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Background in Aerospace manufacturing a plus
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, and motivation
- Establish and maintain good working relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions
- Familiarity with SAP a plus
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project) productivity and computing skills
- Place high priority on the team and/or organization goals
- Proactive in offering assistance to direct team members, supervisors, and cross-departmental teams.
- General knowledge of supply-chain manufacturing and procurement processes
- Must be flexible to changing working schedules to provide coverage and support 24 x 7 operations
- Must be willing to work 2nd (afternoon to evening) and 3rd (evening to morning) shifts
- Must be willing to work on Weekends and Holidays on-site
- Work effectively and cooperatively with direct team members, supervisors, and other cross-departmental teams.
- Financial Security
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.