Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Napoleon, OH, United States
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for the design, procurement, and servicing of special tools, machines, and fixtures required to support the capital, new parts, and cost-reduction programs of the plant.
Provide engineering support for all existing products being produced.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or similar technical field of study) or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience in automotive manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly processes (preferred)
- Experience with CAD design and computer programs
- Analyzing engineering designs for welding requirements
- Managing welding procedures, processes, and documentation.
- Generating welding procedures to help the manufacturing and welding teams.
- Assist in maintaining plant productivity, quality, and profitability by resolving process deficiencies and/or by suggesting process improvement
- Coordinate with the organization’s internal teams to improve product quality and meet customer requirements
- Design and specify tools and capital machinery; obtain approval for funds disbursement; control construction quality and timing; and assist in installation and start-up at the plant
- Implement cost reduction proposals and follow-up to ensure success in achieving project goals
- Improve existing GMAW welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures
- Provide accurate information on methods, tooling, and equipment required to manufacture products being quoted
- Troubleshoot the operation of tools, fixtures, and machines as requested to correct or improve their operation
- Work with the Controls Engineer in the replacement of welding automation equipment i.e., robots and power supplies
- Work with the Controls Engineer to maintain and improve vision poka-yokes that apply to welded components
- Work with Controls Engineer to maintain, improve, and store data using weld monitoring software
- Work with maintenance technicians to create, verify, and maintain documentation in regard to weld modifications
- Work with maintenance to improve understanding of the welding process
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to fabricate, assemble, or disassemble manufactured products by hand
- Ability to interact with employees in a professional manner
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately
- Ability to read blueprints and technical drawings
- Ability to set up and operate a variety of machine tools
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Ability to understand technical operating, service, or repair manuals
- Ability to use hand or power tools
- Ability to weld metal parts, components, or structures; able to use TIG welding equipment
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Detail-oriented, professional attitude, reliable, and able to focus on the task at hand
- Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; uses accurate logic in analyses
- Good project management, negotiation, problem-solving, and computer skills
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Must be able to work with precision and a high level of accuracy
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and make logical decisions
- Possess strong time management skills
- Possesses intellectual agility; readily accepts the challenges of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence of complex ideas
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information; promotes a free flow of information through the organization; listens actively; tailors message to audience
- Working knowledge of gages such as dial calipers, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Works effectively under stressful conditions; adjusts to multiple and conflicting demands; shows resilience under ambiguous and changing circumstances; modifies behavior and plans as necessary to attain goals
- Requires manual dexterity to properly and safely manipulate tools and controls.
- Requires frequent walking and standing; occasional sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Some travel which could include overnight stays
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.