Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Ligonier, IN, United States
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will have a strong understanding of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Technical skills required in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, and production equipment.
Working with personnel from manufacturing, maintenance, set-up, and engineering, the manufacturing engineer must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or similar technical discipline (College/University)
- A Combination of Education and work experience may be substituted for a BS degree.
- Possess work-related experience (a pus)
- Assist in all phases of new product launches and adhere to NPIS guidelines.
- Assure that quality, productivity, and cost are within the plant’s budgets for their area of responsibility.
- Coach and develop Engineering Technicians
- Direct cell layout changes and process changes to improve throughput, balance operator workload, reduce non-value-added activities, and eliminate or improve ergonomic issues.
- Must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Lead 8-D’s, champion BOS metrics per the direction of the Engineering Manager.
- Manage projects within time, budget, and technical constraints
- Primary technical resource in supporting ongoing manufacturing activities, responsible for coordinating activities with manufacturing, quality, and maintenance.
- Reduce scrap, improve process capability, and improve efficiency through fixture, tooling, and machine modifications
- Overtime as required or requested.
- Lead project teams through specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specification and technical plans, and product testing.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Assist/encourage the team to implement Lean principles and advance in 5S
- Ability and willingness to support multiple shifts and adjust work schedule to plant needs.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead teams, 8-D’s, Kaizen, etc.
- Excellent computer skills (SAP, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both through written and verbal means with employees at all levels of the company.
- Must understand the plant goals and be able to drive improvements to help meet those goals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understand and apply BOS and Lean principles
- Manufacturing environment – includes, but is not limited to, artificial lighting, machine/equipment noise, some welding exhaust, non-controlled temperatures, and PPE required.
- Office environment – includes, but is not limited to, artificial lighting, computers, telephones, desks, temperature controlled.
- Some travel which could include an overnight stay.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner.
- Ability to move about the plant in both the office and manufacturing areas.
- Ability to sit frequently for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Manual dexterity for computer work.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.