Website Hubbell Incorporated
Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Leeds, AL, United States
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost, as well as lead capital improvement projects at times.
Processes will include, but not be limited to, the following areas CNC machining, metals fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, custom PLC controlled equipment, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college/university
- 5+ years in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering with experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Experience with CNC machining, metals fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, and custom PLC-controlled equipment (helpful but not required)
- Capital Improvement Projects – Lead capital improvement projects to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing processes.
- Continuous Improvement – Pursue continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increase while minimizing cost.
- Design and Development – Work closely with the product design team to ensure manufacturability of new products and designs.
- Documentation -Create and maintain technical documentation for manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Process Oversight/Troubleshooting – Oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes in areas such as CNC machining, metal fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, custom PLC-controlled equipment, etc.
- Quality Control – Work with the quality control team to ensure that manufacturing processes meet or exceed quality standards.
- Safety – Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and policies and promote a safety culture within the manufacturing team.
- Training – Train and mentor shop floor personnel in manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries/affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.