Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Mentor, OH, United States
STERIS helps Customers to create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions. The company is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines, and biologics.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining all manufacturing processes and procedures including capacity planning, tooling, process development, routings, cost reductions, and quality improvements in support of the Value Stream.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline (required), preferred with demonstrated technical experience. Will accept relevant co-op experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience may be acceptable in lieu of a Degree
- Experience in an ISO-audited manufacturing company (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing setting
- Lean manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Medical Device manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Assists with process control and troubleshooting.
- Develops and maintains costing documents for new products through direct labor standards and bill of material standard costs.
- Develops and maintains process documentation such that accurate documentation is provided at all times. Submits change orders to revise existing processes.
- Develops fixture or machine designs to support production, improve processing, and implement production of new products. Typical processes include assembly, injection molding, and fastening operations (such as pneumatic presses, adhesives, ultrasonic welding, resistance welding, and laser welding).
- Drives continuous improvement activities throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Establishes effective working relationships with multiple departments to maximize project management success.
- Leads and implements cost reduction activities and capital equipment acquisition including payback analysis, capacity analysis, and business case justification.
- Manages new and existing equipment installation and validation, including all required documentation in accordance with FDA and ISO standards.
- Must be willing to be hands-on and work closely with all levels of the organization. Requires most working hours to be in the manufacturing areas.
- Participates or leads cross-functional teams for the advancement of projects.
- Provides assistance in plant layout and ergonomics as needed such that products are produced efficiently while meeting ISO and industry standards.
- Provides Make versus Buy analysis for product components and tooling.
- Provides technical support and problem-solving for production and facility problems.
- Trains production personnel on new and revised processes.
- Works with quality and operations personnel to ensure ISO compliance.
- Any other duties or projects as required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Annual bonus
- Annual merit increases
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare benefits
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid holidays
- Paid-time off
- Tuition assistance
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company ensures that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred, and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.steris.com.