Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Scottsdale, AZ, United States|
Axon is the global leader of connected public safety technologies. The company stands for protecting life, protecting truth, transparency, and accountability. Axon’s mission from the start has been to make the bullet obsolete, reduce social conflict and ensure criminal justice systems are fair and effective.
The company is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be part of a critical team that ensures life-saving technology can be manufactured reliably and consistently.
Work with a team of talented electrical, mechanical, test, and manufacturing engineers to support the equipment, processes, and personnel in our Scottsdale manufacturing facility for the TASER product lines of Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs), Cartridges, and Axon Body Cameras & Accessories.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from a college/university or equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience designing manual and semi-automated assembly fixtures, PCBA test fixtures, for high volume consumer products manufacturing
- Confer with equipment vendors
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements
- Partner with Quality, R&D, Product, and Automation teams to ensure production outputs meets product and customer specifications
- Provide engineering guidance to technicians, trainers, and production leads
- Provide prompt support to the production lines in response to process or equipment needs
- Research, design, modify and test manufacturing methods and equipment
- Direct experience with injection molded components
- Hands-on experience with assembly joining processes such as plastic heat staking, ultrasonic welding, robotic adhesive dispensing, fastener installation, robotic soldering, laser welding
- Manufacturing engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing facility
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of product quality processes such as PFMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift, carry, move packages and materials up-to-50 lbs. on a regular basis; with or without special accommodations, is required
- Occasional travel (up to 10%) and extended work hours may be required
- Proficiency with Solidworks modeling and drawing creation
- Proven success in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- Robust parental leave policy
- The employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, ambient temperatures, close quarters, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, exposure to vibrations and industrial lighting, etc.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to grasp and use small parts
- Ability to lift 20lbs unaided
- Ability to occasionally kneel, crouch, bend as required to perform tasks
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, push, carry, etc. for 8 hours at a time
Axon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, breastfeeding, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.