Website Heil Environmental (Dover Company)
Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Fort Payne, AL, United States
Heil Environmental is a Dover Corporation operating company. It is the world’s premier manufacturer of ultra-durable, highly productive mobile refuse collection vehicles and the industry’s leading provider of collection solutions that help customers achieve long equipment life and the lowest total cost of ownership.
The Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be a key player in the development and implementation of the “design for manufacture and assembly” approach within the engineering group.
Experience with structured New Product Development (NPD) processes is desirable. This individual must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Individuals must demonstrate experience working within a Quality Management System (QMS) and have a working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
They will strive and mentor others for the purpose of attaining goals for safety, quality, productivity and cost as well as promote an environment of continuous improvement throughout the organization.
Assist in the further deployment of lean manufacturing and six sigma principles throughout the organization.
Experience in any or all of the following is desired: metal fabrication processes, welding, assembly methodologies, or paint systems.
Note: Six Sigma green or black belt certification preferred but not required.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a college or university or equivalent experience.
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience in a medium to the heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in both Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering positions.
- Experience with design for manufacture and assembly preferred.
- Experience with electrical systems and schematics.
- Experience with Hydraulics, CNG, electrical systems, and/or paint processing preferred.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience with metal fabrication, welding, assembly, and/or paint systems/processes.
- Experience with significant capital equipment and facility layout projects.
- Previous experience in New Product Development.
- Previous experience with six sigma tools is preferred.
- Previous successful leadership experience leading Engineering or technical personnel.
- Works under the general supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Must handle most matters with counsel from the supervisor.
- Analyze production processes, work balance, production scheduling, capacity, and cell concepts to optimize crew distribution for efficiency, capacity, and lead-time.
- Assist in developing the annual capital equipment budget.
- Assist in managing the document control procedures through the existing Quality Management System (QMS).
- Champion process/product improvement initiatives through six sigma process projects.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes in support of new and existing products to ensure timely delivery of quality products. Experience or strengths with Electric Vehicle technology and electrical systems will be fundamental.
- Develop and lead cost reduction projects.
- Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed.
- Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Product Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variation in manufacturing processes.
- Implement lean manufacturing and Kaizen principles and concepts in the manufacturing areas.
- Oversee the justification, planning, and execution of individual capital projects to scheduled timelines and within the approved budget.
- Perform time studies of manufacturing processes to be included in the determination of manufacturing labor standards.
- Play an active role in the development of new products through the use of design for manufacture, assembly, and serviceability methodologies using a platform approach to product designs customized using configurable options.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for the company and provide ongoing manufacturing engineering support for new products.
- Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must be a self-starter and work under limited supervision.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills. Must be computer literate.
- Accountability – Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems, and progress of work in a timely manner.
- Communication – Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well-organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback, and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest, and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
- Continual Improvement/Problem Resolution – Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost-effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions that meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
- Ethics/Work Standards – Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
- Teamwork/Relationships – Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
- Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
- Results Driven
- Strategic Mindset
Heil Environmental (a Dover Corporation operating company) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dovercorporation.com.