Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Jackson, MI, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution (division) is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for supporting the High-Performance Work team including day-to-day floor support, tooling design, gauging, quality, and efficiency.
In this role, the candidate will process improvement through the collection and analysis of manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions.
Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide production associates with the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical field from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1-year of engineering or manufacturing experience.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in the design and improvement of processes or products including scrap and defective material report (DMR) systems.
- Create and maintain FMEAs, process routers, equipment PMs and Process documents to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Design gaging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure tooling and supplies as required.
- Design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensure efficiency tied to the capital intensity and human resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools.
- Have active membership of a High-Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process, and implementing continuous flow concepts.
- Maintain and improve product flow through the plant through reduced Defective material Report (DMR) and Process stop occurrences. Resolve issues quickly when product stops occur.
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Provide functional and technical support to the HPWT within the assigned area of focus as well as the organization as required to support goals.
- Provide support to launch projects through the ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out). Work directly with production associates, from all areas of the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all employees and customers.
- Use MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety, and Health process), and other Eaton and industry-standard practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience in a high mix/low volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in hose assembly, manual assembly/test, metal fabrication and bend, welding/brazing, chemical processes.
- Experience with Nadcap (or other industry standards) audits preferred.
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certifications, with demonstrated results.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Donation matching (U.S. Canada, Puerto Rico).
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
Note: These programs are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.