Manufacturing Engineer I (Welding/Joining) Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer I – Welding/Joining|
|Location||Brooklyn Center, MN, United States|
Medtronic is a global healthcare technology leader boldly attacking the most challenging health problems facing humanity with innovations that transform lives.
The company is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer I who will frequently use and application of laser welding technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
Capable of learning and performing all required competencies in the laser welding functional area. Basic understanding of mechanical testing and failure modes of laser welds.
Can evaluate and identify critical laser weld inputs and outputs, & design and analyze an appropriate DOE (full factorial, Minitab). Basic understanding of heat balance, flow, tooling, and equipment development.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a university or college (required)
- The applicants should have at least 1 year of domain experience (required)
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Make basic metallurgical assessments and measurements (grain structure, stress vs. strain curves, bonding mechanisms)
- Primarily internal company contacts.
- Recognized and sought out technical content inside of the respective project team.
- Representative to leadership on technical content inside of project team
- Research and summarize analytical findings and make them relevant to work performed
- Trend data, identify anomalous behavior
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Works with designers to develop appropriate tooling for a feasibility study
- Write feasibility reports. Write characterization reports. Complete FMEA, MSA, and other basic documents.
- Write up requests for analytical lab (SEM, EDS, nano-hardness, etching, etc.)
- Ability to build relationships & work effectively with others in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work from the scientific fundamentals to complex engineered systems
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills. The ability to work on more than one project at a time is essential.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel.
- Regularly required to be independently mobile.
- Required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit medtronic.eightfold.ai.