Website BAE Systems
Manufacturing Engineer, I Job Highlights
|Manufacturing Engineer I
|York, PA, United States
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems does the big stuff i.e. the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair, just to name a few.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer I (fabrication) who will support the Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business. This position will report onsite in support of production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment.
The selected candidates will spend the majority of the time, up to 90%, on the shop floor resolving manufacturing-related issues and provide technical support on a variety of technical tasks.
The position will also perform activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, systems, manufacturing operations, equipment engineering, material management, and process re-engineering and may interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- The prospective applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Weld Engineering, or Weld Engineering Technology or related major from a recognized school, college, or university.
- The candidates should have some previous work experience in the related field.
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements
- Apply basic knowledge of the design of an organization’s products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best method or process from several existing alternatives
- Apply basic lean/six sigma principal
- Develop/contribute to the creation of welding standards and specifications
- Develop and make revisions to existing documentation, provides input for technical documentation, papers, and presentations/may deliver technical presentations
- Identify and support safety initiatives and improvement opportunities
- Investigate root cause/corrective actions for fabrication issues
- Provide engineering support for welding and portable drilling processes in the manufacturing of combat products
- Utilize knowledge of metallurgy and material weld-ability and machineability
- Ability to solve technical problems that require a professional level of weld engineering/machining knowledge and manufacturing processes
- Certification with AWS (American Weld Society) as a CWI (Certified Weld Inspector) or other relevant certification
- Experience in root cause/corrective action- preventive action
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial weld standards
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Knowledge of drilling/machining operations
- Knowledge of Weld Engineering concepts, practices, drawing standards, procedures, and processes
- Moderate knowledge of weld and drilling inspection processes
- Possess an understanding of equipment and technologies relevant to welding, weld engineering, manual welding operations, and drilling operations
- The practice of lean/6 sigma concepts as applied to manufacturing
- Understanding of basic machining concepts
- Ability to interface with customers (both internal and external)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Can work independently with minimal guidance
- Capable of working with current computer applications, CAD programs, and model manipulation
- Effective communication skills
- ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.