Manufacturing Engineer II Job Highlights
|Manufacturing Engineer II
|Burbank, CA, United States
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. The company designs and manufactures high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment manufacturers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, land vehicle, and power and energy markets.
Senior Aerospace SSP is the leader in innovative design and manufacturing methods in the area of complex aerospace systems.
The company is recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer II who will work with Design Engineering in reviewing Design data and research.
Plans and prepares manufacturing documentation per Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) practices, including Visual Work Instructions (VWI).
Determines equipment, tooling plans, and cellular manufacturing concepts for their assigned area of responsibility.
Originate and develop new manufacturing and tooling concepts, provide data to Estimating for quoting customer requests, prepare reports showing areas for improvements, run improvement projects to show results, and initiate endeavors in the development of new manufacturing and production techniques.
Apply Lean methods and Six Sigma practices and determine the required resources within the production department.
Works within production cell(s) as the engineering expert of the team (along with the Quality Engineer, Supervisor, and Scheduler).
Define specific responsibilities for each Manufacturing Engineer in accordance with their area of expertise.
Plans and carries out policies and procedures for manufacturing operations to optimize production techniques employed in the manufacturing departments.
- BS Degree in Manufacturing Engineering (or another Engineering discipline) – College/University
- 2+ years of engineering experience (preferably in an aerospace environment)
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Experience with fast-paced manufacturing environments (preferred)
- Apply operation time standards as required, and develop Work Combination Sheets (WCS).
- Assist in the initial manufacturing cycle of all new detail parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies. New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Become familiar with the delivery schedule and adhere to that schedule. In case of conflict or if additional time is required to complete and validate the tooling and processes associated. The Manufacturing Engineer shall work with the assigned Contracts Administrator and the Operations Manager for schedule relief/change.
- Become familiar with the specific manufacturing process of the product and work to identify and implement cost-reduction ideas. May be assigned to special cost reduction initiatives as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Creates and maintains “How to Planning”. Responsible for clear and concise work instructions of detailed parts, sub-assemblies, and top assemblies. Adheres to the AQP required documents.
- Ensure the manufacturability of detailed parts, sub-assemblies, and top assemblies as applicable to the project(s).
- Follow-up on the effectiveness of the manufacturing process.
- May be assigned as liaison and provide technical assistance between Senior Aerospace SSP manufacturing and customer-cognizant engineering.
- May be assigned to work with developing supplier processes and help correct supplier issues.
- Performs Root Cause and Preventive Actions to eliminate causes for nonconforming products.
- Works on a Production Support Team and partners with the other team members to address manufacturing issues.
- Ensure that all engineering changes are implemented.
- Coordinate the design of tooling as it applies to the process.
- Develop sound manufacturing processes based on Senior Aerospace SSP’s capabilities.
- Check production drawing(s) for technical content.
- Make recommendations and offer credible solutions to products, tooling, and processes.
- Provides data to the quoting process.
- Perform related work as required.
- Follow all Senior policies and procedures.
- Responsible for and will be the focal point for all technical aspects of assigned project(s) in the following categories-
- Compliance with customer/product procurement specification
- Advanced Quality Planning (AQP)
- Concurrence on planning document releases
- Eliminating waste from the process
- Meeting cost targets
- Product manufacturability
- Tooling requirements
- Validate that the manufacturing process meets all customer and internal requirements.
- Visual Work Instructions (VWI)
- Perform, document, and validate component, assembly, or system processes such as machining, forming, stamping, heat treating, and chemical processing of the following materials-
- Stainless Steel
- 01 and D2 tooling steel
- Other duties with the work as assigned.
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work within a team.
- Knowledge of aircraft ECS ducting is preferred.
- Knowledge of forming, welding, machining, and heat treating preferred.
- Knowledge of sheet metal and aerospace materials preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must possess basic knowledge of NDT and geometric tolerance.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3) and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
- Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
- The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, a matching 401k plan, and paid time off.
Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants are considered regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seniorplc.com.