Website Crown Equipment Corporation
Manufacturing Engineer II (Automation Design) Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer II – Automation Design|
|Location||New Bremen, OH, United States|
|Company||Crown Equipment Corporation|
Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. The company is the world’s largest lift truck manufacturer and provides the safest, most efficient, and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer II (Automation Design) to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Possess 16+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and developing industrial automation systems
- Bachelor of Engineering preferred, Associate of Engineering Technology acceptable with demonstrated experience
- Relevant experience in:
- Design for manufacturing
- Design for automation
- Machine tools
- Precision tooling
- Special purpose machinery
- Industrial robots
- Industrial machine control systems
- Safety Standards
- Experience in raw material selection, machining, and assembly for mechanical designs
- Extensive cross-functional team experience including technical and non-technical work
- Proficient in the use of CAD to generate 3D solid model designs and dimensioning
- The simulation experience is a plus
- Assist with implementation of processes including equipment procurement, coordination of installation, process capability prove-out, training, process documentation, work standard measurement, and production start-up
- Implement process improvements including activities such as project management, departmental processes, effort/benefit analysis, risk assessments, etc.
- Organize, document, and present technical design reviews and project management overviews
- Preparations of project justification including recommendations, make-vs-buy analysis, layout, cost impact, and schedule activities as required
- Responsible for developing reliable, efficient mechanical designs for precision custom automated equipment for a variety of manufacturing processes such as robot welding, material handling, quality test equipment, etc.
- This position may report to a Senior Level Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, or other Departmental Manager
- Work closely with Application Engineers to develop and mature concepts into robust production solutions
- Work closely with Electrical Engineers to apply appropriate controls technology to the mechanical designs
- Work closely with Plant Manufacturing Engineers (internal customers) to customize solutions for specific requirements
- Work closely with Tool Makers and Builders to ensure optimum manufacturing and build techniques are applied to the mechanical designs
- Work with other manufacturing functions such as manufacturing engineering, production control, quality engineering, purchasing, safety, environmental, and manufacturing management to develop and implement solutions consistent with the goals of the Company
- Work with vendors and customers to correctly deploy process or test equipment into the mechanical designs
- Basic understanding of machine controls and systems integration
- Basic understanding of motion control technologies and mechanical drive train design including the application of stepper motors, servo motors, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Strong knowledge and experience with engineering principles and procedures that apply to machine design, part handling, robotic end-of-arm-tool design, semi-automated work cell layout, robotic work cell layout, process flow, operator ergonomics, and machine aesthetics
- Core values, exceptional work ethic, and continuous self-improvement
- Familiarity with industry policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance
- Motivated self-starter and team player, works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal or external people and groups
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize a varied and fast-changing workload
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent, and conscientious
- Must have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Must have valid driving privileges
- Must have valid driving privileges
- Occasional overnight stays
- Occasional travel
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio) and general computer literacy
- Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
- This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
Note: Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- The company offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including health/dental/vision/prescription drug plan, flexible benefits plan, 401k retirement savings plan, life, and disability benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Crown Equipment Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit us-careers.crown.com.