Website Stanley Black & Decker
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Job Highlights
|Manufacturing Engineering Manager
|Ooltewah, TN, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is recruiting a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join its team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology (college/university)
- A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience in manufacturing, preferably welding.
- Demonstrated experience managing personnel
- Experience in training and mentoring new employees in the process of utilizing various engineering analysis tools, directing changes to the manufacturing processes, improving material flow, and optimizing departmental layouts is required.
- Experience in writing capital requests that result in acceptable ROI.
- Experience with project management, process improvement, lean manufacturing, and problem-solving
- Develop safe processes and monitor existing processes to improve workflow and ensure the safety of our production associates.
- Ensure that poke-yoke and mistake-proofing are built into all processes and work on any customer or quality issues to ensure quality problems are solved and not repeated.
- Evaluate existing tools and processes and recommend improvements that enhance both operator performance and ergonomics/safety of the overall operation.
- Lead the effort to improve safety in the facility from an engineering standpoint.
- Oversee Product Development Process for all new and existing programs. This includes the cost of justifying new or used equipment, documentation, and troubleshooting of new and existing processes. Attendance at all product development meetings for assigned products is required.
- Provide strong leadership and project management skills to successfully implement customer-focused process/product improvements.
- Provide training to new and existing employees in best practices for lean manufacturing, 5S, problem resolution, and design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Utilize proven lean manufacturing-based analytical and troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, inventory reduction, and quality improvement.
- Excellent communication skills and a team mentality
- Strong PC and programming skills
- Successful candidate will be able to show documented results in achieving cost reductions to both products and processes
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.