Website BWX Technologies
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Electro/Mechanical) Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineering Specialist – Electro/Mechanical|
|Location||Peterborough, Ontario, CA|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is searching for a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Electro/Mechanical) who will be responsible for the estimating, planning, and execution of a broad range of projects to manufacture custom-engineered electro-mechanical equipment for nuclear customers.
- Applicants should be College/University Graduates in an Engineering discipline
- Possess a certificate in a skilled trade
- Knowledge and experience with machining (conventional + CNC/CAM), fitting/welding, assembly, and materials including stainless steels, Al-bronze, nickel alloys, zirconium, etc.
- Experience in cost-estimating multi-disciplined equipment and facility projects.
- Knowledge and experience with assembly and testing of complex electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge or experience with metrology, Geometric Dimensioning, and Tolerance (GD&T), and blueprint reading.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing activities.
- Lead and participate in project meetings related to schedules and budgets, including meetings with customers.
- Lead or participate in teams carrying out work at customer sites.
- Manage design changes and maintain the configuration of the design during manufacturing.
- Plan and lead jobs through manufacturing including machining, welding, mechanical and electrical assembly, and testing. Write instructions (shop travelers) for in-house activities, manufacturing sketches, weld map records, assembly/test specs, etc. Identify, design, and procure fixtures and required tooling.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for custom-engineered manufacturing projects including electro-mechanical automation, tooling, welded fabrications, machining, field services, and testing.
- Prepare Manufacturing Bills of Material from engineering BOMs, on JD Edwards MRP system. Perform make vs buy evaluations. Requisition purchased parts and materials for in-house manufactured items.
- Prepare schedule inputs for projects, including task planning to optimize lead times.
- Provide manufacturing inputs to the design process, and participate in manufacturability reviews to identify manufacturing costs or schedule improvements during product design.
- Troubleshoot production problems with design and manufacturing teams, including recommending dispositions for non-conformances.
- Demonstrated ability in project planning/execution, including the development of processes/procedures and process improvements.
- High level of proficiency with data analysis and management including spreadsheet tools, MRP systems, etc.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of common non-destructive examination (NDE) techniques.
- Experience in the nuclear industry.
- Experience with Primavera (P6) project scheduling software.
- Experience working with ASME Code rules for identification and traceability of materials, manufacturing processes, testing, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with instrumentation and control equipment, PLC systems, cable assemblies, panels, and industrial automation. Familiar with wiring diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Manufacturing planning experience in the custom engineered equipment industry.
- Technical writing experience including procedures, customer proposals, and technical reports.
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.