Website BWX Technologies
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineering Specialist|
|Location||Peterborough, Ontario, Canada|
BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and services for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist who will be responsible for the estimating and execution of a broad range of manufacturing projects from commercial and custom manufactured parts to sophisticated nuclear equipment.
The position will report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Applicants should be College/University Graduates in an Engineering discipline or possess a certificate in a skilled trade
- Knowledge and experience with machining (conventional + CNC/CAM), fitting/welding, assembly, and materials including stainless steels, Al-bronze, nickel alloys, zirconium, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with metrology, Geometric Dimensioning, and Tolerance (GD&T), and blueprint reading.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing activities.
- Lead and participate in project meetings related to schedules and budgets including meetings with customers.
- Lead or participate in teams carrying out work at customer sites.
- Manage design changes and maintain the configuration of the design during manufacturing.
- Plan and lead jobs through manufacturing including machining, welding, assembly, and testing.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for custom-engineered manufacturing projects including electro-mechanical automation, tooling, welded fabrications, machining, field services, and testing.
- Prepare Manufacturing Bills of Material from engineering BOMs, on JD Edwards MRP system. Perform make vs buy evaluations. Requisition purchased parts and materials for in-house manufactured items.
- Prepare schedule inputs for projects including task planning to optimize lead times.
- Provide manufacturing inputs to the design process, and participate in manufacturability reviews to identify manufacturing costs or schedule improvements during product design.
- Troubleshoot production problems with design and manufacturing teams, including recommending dispositions for non-conformances.
- Write instructions (shop travelers) for in-house activities, manufacturing sketches, weld map records, assembly/test specs, etc. Identify, design, and procure fixtures and required tooling.
- Demonstrated ability in project planning/execution, including the development of processes/procedures and process improvements.
- High level of proficiency with data analysis and management including spreadsheet tools, MRP systems, etc.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of common non-destructive examination (NDE) techniques.
- Experience in cost-estimating multi-disciplined equipment and facility projects.
- Experience in the nuclear industry is considered an asset but not required.
- Experience with the manufacturing of instrumentation and control equipment, PLC systems, cable assemblies, panels, and industrial automation. Familiar with wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, and instrument calibration.
- Experience with Primavera (P6) project scheduling software.
- Experience working with ASME Code rules for identification and traceability of materials, manufacturing processes, testing, etc.
- Technical writing experience including procedures, customer proposals, and technical reports.
- The company offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including an employer-paid pension plan, bonus plan, profit sharing plan, life insurance, health/dental plan, an educational refund plan and so much more.
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.