Manufacturing Engineering Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineering Technician|
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Technician who will possess the ability to understand and troubleshoot equipment and processes related to manual, mechanical, and electro-mechanical systems.
The candidate will be able to work with Production, Engineering, and Quality personnel to understand technical details, procedures, equipment, and tools related to manufacturing.
The individual must be able to comprehend and execute tasks related to new product launches and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- The applicants should have passed an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university or equivalent experience
- The candidates should have experience with metal fabrication methods including welding
- Act as a key resource in the prototyping and launch of new products and processes
- Assist manufacturing engineers in developing documentation of all necessary procedures, periodic maintenance, process control, troubleshooting guides, etc.,
- Assist with process failure mode analyses (PFMEA’s) for manufacturing
- Assist with Statistical Process Controls set-up and release on new processes
- Commissioning systems, implementation, and programming
- Develop maintenance training programs and perform the training
- Involved in the design/adaptation of test equipment, related procedures, and documentation
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, labor (e.g. timecards), and special projects.
- Performs capability studies on new fixtures.
- Provide support to engineering personnel for the design/development of new product/specifications
- Provides hands-on assistance to resolve technical quality issues related to customer complaints, manufacturing, engineering, test methods, equipment, etc.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures; Evaluate, test, and repair components, circuits, assemblies, and full systems as required
- Understand and employ safe work habits
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within designated time frames
- Ability to work with testing equipment – i.e. oscilloscope, multi-meter, signal generator, etc.
- Basic 3D Modeling software use (CATIA, SolidWorks, CoCreate, etc.) to a degree of model verification, dimensional inquiry
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent record keeping and technical documentation skills
- Familiar with change control methods
- Familiarity with PLC logic
- Familiarity with robotic programming (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Familiarity with soldering, wire termination, encapsulation, and other electronics construction and troubleshooting and/or repair
- Familiarity with SQL, JAVA, Python
- MS Access, OneNote optional
- Must be available to travel as needed (Domestic and International)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Read and comprehend detailed technical drawings, diagrams, schematics, C of A’s, catalog systems, and bills of materials.
- Self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment as an individual or with a team
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.