Manufacturing Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Cambridge, Ontario, Canada|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is searching for a Manufacturing Operator to join its team.
- Not indicated, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Collect and report monitoring data in support of the EHS management system
- Participate and promote EHS activities
- Participate on EHS teams and committees
- Report opportunities for improvement and any EHS issues
- Stop work activities that create EHS hazards
- Strive towards meeting company EHS goals
- To actively participate in training and continuous improvement activities that promote the efficient and cost-effective utilization of plant resources
- To assist in set-ups and operation, in a safe and efficient manner, all assigned equipment, machines, tools, fixtures, trunnions, and processes required to make, assemble, weld, and manufacture customer’s products
- To complete assigned paperwork as may be required, for example, scrap; production counts; downtime; quality; labour reporting; preventative maintenance, etc.
- To comply with requirements and assist in the maintenance of the necessary quality standards (QS9000/ISO/TS16949/ISO14001) to ensure re-certification as may be appropriate for the tasks assigned
- To efficiently produce a quality product that meets or exceeds the quality standards of our customers and plant
- To ensure full compliance with all OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) requirements, plant safety rules, work rules, and procedures as may apply to duties performed
- To participate in 5S activities by initiating and maintaining a clean and orderly work area, as necessary
- To, at all times, wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks being performed
- Understand and follow all EHS policies
- Understand and follow the Standard Work/Process/Operating Instructions as posted at the station prior to undertaking tasks
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.