Manufacturing Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Process Engineer|
|Location||Mountain View, CA, United States|
Google is a world giant with a mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. It researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
The position requires you to use your creativity and engineering experience to develop and evaluate solutions to new engineering problems. You will design, develop, test, and qualify solutions in a manufacturing environment, including Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and early involvement with product design teams.
In this role, you will ensure excellent standards of manufacturability, yield improvement, cost reduction/scale, complex mechanical fixture design and test, automation, failure analysis, and advanced process controls. You will also collaborate with other multi-disciplinary teams to maintain functional relationships to co-develop and structure future requirements whilst maintaining clear documentation/communication of goals, risks, status, and prioritized feature requests and bugs.
The candidates should have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering from a welding school or equivalent practical experience.
- Aspiring applicants should have 7 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering
- Experience driving engineering requirements at vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Experience in developing processes to scale products, including mechanical fixture designs.
- Experience in camera/display-related manufacturing processes and requirements to manufacture in a cleanroom environment.
- Collaborate with Product Design engineers and EE to ensure robust design for manufacturing.
- Drive design for DFM and influence Product Design and Electrical Engineering (EE) to improve manufacturability for yield and reliability.
- Interface cross-functionally with design and commodity teams in down-selection, sourcing, qualification, and integration of components and vendors used in Google’s products.
- Provide high-quality engineering solutions in both process development and mechanical fixture designs to fast-track product manufacturing to mass production. Work with contract manufacturers and vendors to prioritize and solve issues.
- Work with quality and reliability teams to define requirements for shipments.
- Ability to bring in manufacturing solutions to effectively drive failures to closure using techniques in data mining and analysis.
- Ability to run simple modifications in 3D modeling software (NX, Creo, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Monitoring Systems (MES, SPC, etc.) and how to apply manufacturing statistics and design experiments.
- Knowledge of SAS software (JMP, Minitab), and simple database structure.
- Knowledge of Surface Mount Technology (SMT) process (heat staking, ultrasonic welding, adhesives, and dispensing systems).
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.