Manufacturing Production Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Production Supervisor|
|Location||Stratford, ON, Canada|
Cleaver-Brooks is a manufacturer of boiler room products. The company is a single-source manufacturer and supplier of boiler room products including boilers, burners, accessories, and controls.
The company is hiring a Manufacturing Production Supervisor who will be responsible for providing direct supervision to production employees in the department(s) including work scheduling and assignment, employee training, ensuring production quality and quantity requirements are met, evaluating staffing needs, administering safety, communication, team building, etc. programs.
- The applicants require a minimum of a College Degree
- Possess 3 years to less than 8 years or more supervisory experience in a manufacturing, fabrication, welding environment, strong “on-floor” presence, strong employee relations management skills, and excellent communication skills (preferred)
- MS Office and ERP/MRP software experience are also preferred. A strong lean, 5S, TPM, TPS, and TOC background is an asset.
- The ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
- Duties include normal personnel-related activities such as monitoring attendance, enforcing work rules, administering pay increases, handling job transfers, determining overtime schedules, etc.
- Generally, will supervise department(s)/area(s) where work performed is of an unskilled to semi-skilled to skilled nature, or where a variety of occupational skills may be employed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all pertinent information and developments.
- May generally supervise up to 15 to 30 employees.
- Must possess creativity/adaptability to successfully manage Department to effectively address changing business conditions and achieve objectives.
- Must possess thorough and relevant manufacturing knowledge.
- Must provide effective management of subordinates to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
- The position requires an ability to work in a normal production plant with a welding, machining, and fabrication operations environment.
- The position requires extensive standing and walking as part of normal job duties.
- The position requires an occasional exercise of decision making, problem-solving, policy or procedure interpretation, and facilitation skills.
- Purchases tools and various equipment for the shop floor.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of employees. Instructs new or reassigned employees in the safe and efficient operation of equipment. Responsible for enforcing all safety rules and policies and adhering to Company safety standards as they relate to daily operations.
- Arranges for maintenance/repair of machines/equipment when needed
- Liaison with other departments, such as sales and engineering, to resolve manufacturing problems, design connections, etc.
- May be involved in grievance, resolution activities, and labor agreement administration in a unionized operation
- May prepare recommended department budget
- Active Listening
- Complex Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Oral/Written Communication
- Time Management
- The company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including supplementary medical, dental, life insurance, short/long term disability, cash matching GRRSP, vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
Cleaver-Brooks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.