Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Manufacturing Specialist Job Highlights
|Cedar Park, TX, United States
|National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is seeking an Inter-Company Manufacturing Specialist who will be responsible for assessing parts and products for manufacturability and providing quick, accurate quotes to enable the Inter-company Account Manager to secure Purchase Orders.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor of Science Degree (program) from a recognized college or university.
- The candidates should have 5 years of related experience in the manufacturing field.
- Augment MFG ME group by assisting in the quote process and completing machined component quotes, including the use of optimization software (e.g. Apriori). Work with MFG ME group to establish additional resources to aid in quoting components (an example would include a quoting calculator for fabrication and weld parts).
- Ensure all opportunities are entered into the JIRA quote process with all the appropriate information required to produce an accurate quote in a timely manner. Create 3D CAD models if the model is not provided by the customer during quoting process. The complete classification of JIRA quotes provides detail of the end results of the quote.
- Evaluate opportunities that come from data mining efforts or requests from intercompany partners to ensure the items can be manufactured in Cedar Park. Assist in vendor affinity list creation by determining if 3rd party vendors have similar manufacturing capabilities to Cedar Park. Assist in item opportunity list prioritization for the JIRA quote process queue.
- Follow up with the appropriate MFG personnel to ensure MFG implementation occurs in a timely manner and all risks have been recognized and exercised. Provide manufacturing support to the shop floor as required for components that have been implemented as a result of data mining efforts.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.