Manufacturing Technician Job Highlights
|Wamego, KS, United States
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Technician (known internally as a Manufacturing Specialist) who will perform a variety of processes using varied machines or hand tools.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess fabrication experience
- Entry-Level Welding – Perform a variety of repetitive manufacturing tasks including metal forming, product setup, and welding. Employees will follow work instructions to produce basic welds that meet specifications including single-pass fillets, bevels, plugs, and tie-ins. This is an entry-level manufacturing position that provides a direct career path to the Welder position for more complex products and processes.
- Fabrication – Running CNC plasma and oxy-fuel burn tables, operating overhead hoists, labeling and removing slag from parts. This position also branches into opportunities in flame bevel, Horizontal band saw, and entry-level machinist.
- Machinist – Running a wide variety of mills and lathes. Giving individual’s the opportunity to promote to higher-level Machinist positions within Caterpillar.
- Paint – Including but not limited to prepping parts and units prior to painting such as shot blasting, power washing, greasing bores, and installing ground engagement tools with various tools such as manual wrenches, impact, and torque wrenches. As well as rigging various sizes of units using different lifting devices.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to produce quality work at a sustained pace
- Ability to safely perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, performing repetitive work
- Ability to work a regular schedule where daily attendance and punctuality are required
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and standard work
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with people regardless of age, gender, race, religion, or job type
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- 401K with a 6% company match
- Annual 401K employer contribution of 3%-5%
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Bereavement, Jury Duty, Military Duty Paid Benefits, Parental Leave, Adoption Benefits
- Caterpillar shirts provided for work
- Full Personal Protective Equipment provided
- Overtime based on business need
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Potential for annual pay increase based on performance
- Potential for Quarterly Bonuses
- Professional development to help advance your career
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.