Website BAE Systems
Manufacturing Weld Engineer – 3rd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Weld Engineer – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Aiken, SC, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems does the big stuff i.e. the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair, just to name a few.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will support the Weld Operations by developing and implementing processes for new welded assemblies as well as directing continuous improvement efforts on existing products.
This position will be supporting the Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business onsite.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Civil, Industrial, etc.); or an Associate’s Degree (e.g., Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) from a recognized institute/college.
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in the manufacturing weld or fabrication.
- Experience with at least one or more of the following welding processes i.e. Gas-Metal-Arc Welding (GMAW), GMAW-Pulse, Gas-Tungsten-Arc Welding (GTAW), Shielded-Metal-Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Promote world-class safety performance through relevant project work and participation in safety audit programs
- AutoCAD, MasterCAM, CREO
- Blueprint reading and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Experience with American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 and D1.2 or similar Weld Codes
- Resource planning systems/ERP (Oracle, SAP)
- 2 to 5 years in Manufacturing Weld and/or Fabrication
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy to include MS Office applications including Word and Excel
- ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.