Marine Pipefitter 1st Class/Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Marine Pipefitter First Class or Specialist|
|Location||Chesapeake, VA, United States|
Oceaneering is a trusted subsea connection specialist and pushes the frontiers of deep water, space, and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve the challenges. The company sorts out solutions for the most complex subsea challenges and develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning.
Marine Services Division provides full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts, and deep submergence systems.
The company is seeking a Marine Pipefitter who will read and interpret blueprints and sketches to repair, modify, install and dismantle various pipes and fittings associated with shipboard hydraulic, pneumatic, and water systems.
Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending, and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces, or beneath machinery.
Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, a high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, and frequent travel/overtime are required.
- The applicants should have a High School/GED with an Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate or military/civilian experience with marine piping systems in a repair department or shipyard.
- The candidates are expected to have related work experience.
- Fabricate and install fixtures, jigs, supports, and targets to ensure proper alignment during the welding process.
- Possess an understanding of most shipboard piping systems (repair/ installation practices, procedures, pipe bending, alignments, and troubleshooting) and blueprint reading.
- Layout material prior to performing pipe bending operations and machine parts to achieve proper joint design as per Technical Work Documents.
- Must be able to understand and perform the setup, alignment, and operation of most portable tools and hand tools used in the trade.
- Produces quality piping assemblies and is proficient in brazing.
- Requires no supervision/oversight, has experience in the trade qualifications, can perform all work required as a Pipefitter and will provide mentoring to a junior craftsman.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Deep Submergence Systems (SOC MCD A, B, and C), SUBSAFE Qualification.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests are required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret/Confidential security clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Light is intense/glare
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Requires working in very hot or very cold temperatures
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Identify color differences
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Climb stairs, ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other country.
Oceaneering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit careers.oceaneering.com.