Marine Structural Welder II Job Highlights
|Title||Marine Structural Welder II|
|Location||Chesapeake, VA, United States|
Oceaneering is a trusted subsea connection specialist and pushes the frontiers of deep water, space, and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve the challenges. The company sorts out solutions for the most complex subsea challenges and develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning.
Marine Services Division provides full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts, and deep submergence systems.
The company is seeking a Marine Structural Welder who will perform various welding processes to repair, modify and install various pipes, structures, foundations/fittings associated with shipboard hydraulic, pneumatic, and water systems.
Select proper materials and requirements to perform welding functions. Fabricate and install fixtures and jigs required for welding process alignments. Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending, and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces, or beneath machinery. Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, a high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, and frequent travel/overtime are required.
- The applicants should have a High School/GED with an Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate or military or civilian experience with welding operations in a repair department or shipyard or fabrication shop.
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience.
- Must be able to understand and perform the basic setup, adjustment, and operation of various welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade.
- Read and understand basic terminology, blueprints, drawings, and schematics to plan installation, modification, or repair prior to commencing the process.
- Requires limited supervision/oversight. Is familiar with the trade qualifications and can perform most tasks required as a Welder.
- Select welding filler material, joint design, and proper heat range as directed by Technical Work Documents.
- Deep Submergence Systems (SOC MCD A, B, and C), SUBSAFE Qualification. Automated welding processes.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests are required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret/Confidential security clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- Qualify as a Welder/Workmanship Inspector in accordance with OII Process Instructions and welding procedures.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Light is intense/glare
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Requires working in very hot or very cold temperatures
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
- This position is considered Shop/Indoors which is characterized as follows.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Identify color differences
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Climb stairs, ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Oceaneering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit careers.oceaneering.com.