Marine Welder – Entry Level Job Highlights
|Title||Marine Welder – Entry Level|
|Location||Chesapeake, VA, United States|
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments. It operates in five sectors of public-service provision i.e. Health, Transport, Justice/Immigration, Defense, and Citizens Services.
The company is looking for a Marine Welder (Entry Level) to join a dynamic team, supporting our C5ISR system installations. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact on our military defense and the safety of our Sailors.
The position will be part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco team members to deliver high technology performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
Note: Military Veterans and Spouses are encouraged to apply!
- The candidates should have shipboard experience.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Interpret specifications, drawings, blueprints, shop job orders and, process sheets.
- Use a variety of ARC and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as foundations, cable collars, cable/pipe/vent hangers, cable tubes penetrations, studs, etc.
- Work onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations in an area that is somewhat uncomfortable due to drafts, noise, temperature variation, and the like and with equipment where carelessness would probably result in minor cuts, bruises, muscle strains, serious injury, or death.
- Attention to safety-critical.
- Be familiar with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electrical repair, fabrication, and installation.
- Be willing to travel up to 50% to various work sites.
- Get respirator qualified and wear proper PPE throughout their work shift.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent and Shipboard Experience.
- Have own tools of the trade and able to pass precertification company weld test.
- Must be able to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in kneeling position for the layout of cable runs under false decking, lift 50 pounds with 80% of work requiring carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to 40 pounds for many shifts while being in a standing, crouching, or walking position.
- Must complete a successful qualification in the following Serco Welding Procedures within 30 calendar days of starting date: 1) Pass 3 positions in SMAW steel qualification. 2) Must successfully pass 3 positions in FCAW steel qualification.
- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens, be able to obtain gain access to shipyards (NAVSTA and DBIDS), undergo a background investigation, and pass a drug screening.
Serco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversifying our workforce (race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, and vets).
To apply for this job please visit careers-sercona.icims.com.