Website Harsco Environmental
Master Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Calvert, AL, United States|
Harsco Environmental, a division of Harsco Corporation, provides material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. The company’s onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefits and return valuable raw materials to production.
The company is hiring a Master Mechanic (heavy mobile equipment) who will be responsible for diagnosing, assisting in planning and organizing of, and then performing related work as required in repairing, modifying, and maintaining internal combustion engines, vehicles, and related mechanisms of the type used in steel mill services, construction, and surface mining. This includes providing training and guidance to mechanics at levels below Master.
The position will work under general supervision following Company rules, regulations, policies, requiring the ability to prepare a pre-task plan, organize all tools and supplies required, and perform operations, to complete assigned tasks or tasks according to prescribed time schedule always ensuring that safety is first in all actions.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Electro-mechanic applications
- Electronic Technology
- Tier 4I Technology
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Measure and fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
- Test heavy mobile equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Able to identify possible defects during all mandatory equipment inspections, and determine potential failure mode or deterioration from inspection information provided by lesser grade mechanics for all fixed and mobile equipment on site.
- Work is performed under shop conditions or similar environments and in the field with intermittent exposure to adverse weather conditions in a steel mill outdoor environment.
- Work may require heavy physical effort and periodically must be performed under adverse weather conditions.
- The company offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
- Annual Tool Allowance Program.
Harsco Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.