Website Empire Cat
Master Shop Welder – 19998 Job Highlights
|Master Shop Welder – 19998
|Full Time (1st shift)
|Mesa, AZ, United States
Empire Southwest is a top authorized Caterpillar® dealer for heavy equipment and power generation. The company provides commercial SunPower solar products. Also, it is an authorized dealer for agriculture equipment from AGCO, Challenger, Massey Ferguson, and other leading manufacturers.
The company needs an individual who can provide failure analysis and technical information support to the service department.
Research and solve technical problems for Caterpillar and allied product lines. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Empire technical problem-solving personnel. Train technicians on troubleshooting techniques.
- The aspiring applicants should have completed a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- Minimum 5 years of serviceperson experience
- Degree or working knowledge in Mechanical engineering
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- Must comprehend computer-based programs (SIS, SIMS, etc.)
- Resolve technical and repetitive problems.
- Counsel others on the interpretation of CAT parts reusability guidelines.
- Participate in factory engineer field visits.
- Create troubleshooting aids for specific products or systems.
- Inspect failed parts and consult as needed with the Technical Resources department.
- Make decisions on the actions to take to solve product problems.
- Research, analyze and correct production problems.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Work within and promote corporate values
- Provide valuable customer service solutions
- Assist others in using CAT failure analysis training
- Assist with the design of in-the-field customer attachments
- Maintain mast technical files and technical information bulletins. Acquire blueprints as needed.
- Minimize product liability by correct design and installation of custom attachments.
- Perform scrap barrel analysis as needed.
- Provide feedback internally to drive change sufficient to meet market demands.
- Strong troubleshooting and failure analysis skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance
- Must have sufficient mechanical knowledge to understand the scope of the project
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position is designated as a “Safety-Sensitive Position”. A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and talk or hear.
Empire Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.empire-cat.com.