Website Louis Industries
Material Handler (Production) Job Highlights
|Title||Material Handler (Production)|
|Location||Paynesville, MN, United States|
Louis Industries is a sheet metal fabricator and steel distributor using state-of-the-art technology to manufacture quality parts.
The company is searching for a Material Handler (Production) who will be responsible for picking parts from laser-cut sheets using their hands, packaging parts on pallets, and moving parts using a forklift.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Certified forklift operator (preferred)
- Follow all standard safety regulations
- Handle assorted steel raw material and steel scrap
- Maintain work area and production equipment in clean and orderly condition
- Occasionally kit parts that go to welding
- Operate small hand and power tools
- Package parts using banding or shrink wrap, as needed
- Participate in and support continuous process improvement
- Perform work in a manner that all products conform to prescribed quality standards
- Safely operate a forklift to load and unload material and move completed parts
- Separate/pick parts from skeletons that are cut on the laser and stack them onto pallets/containers
- Use and understand the Global Shop system for data collection, work instructions, routers, and prints
- Other duties may be assigned that pertain to the classification.
- Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to safely and effectively operate equipment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (preferred)
- Proficient with counting and mathematical equations
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and standing for 9 hours per day.
- Must have a communicable range of hearing and sight with or without the use of aids.
- Requires exposure to a typical manufacturing area where the environment is affected by outside temperatures and machining.
- 401k match
- Annual and quarterly bonus
- Boot allowance
- Dental insurance
- Dependent daycare flex spending
- Employee referral bonus
- Health insurance
- HSA match
- Life insurance
- Paid uniforms
- Prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Short term disability
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Vision insurance
- Weld helmet allowance
Louis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.louisind.com.