Material Handler (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Material Handler (Welding)|
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Waukesha, WI, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently looking for a Material Handler who will be responsible for the smooth, efficient flow of all raw material and fabricated material into, throughout, and out of the department.
In this role, applicants will use forklifts (stand up and sit down), walk along, and 5 to 30-ton cranes.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience.
- Be expected to move from raw material receiving and locating to WIP and finished goods receiving, locating, tagging and movement throughout the day without interruption
- Deliver finish product out of fabrication and locates the material in internal customer Warehouse storage racks, maintaining proper SAP transactions and escalating issues around stock area cleanliness and remedying any nonconformance
- Deliver finished fabricated parts from machine area to the welding area, kitting area, interplant shipping docks, tagging pallets appropriately, and staging them in the proper areas with pallet ID tags.
- Deliver stand-up stackers and walkers for battery changes during the shift.
- Dispose of all scrap steel into dumpsters outside of the building. When dumpsters are ready to be shipped, make out scrap tickets and notify the dispatcher, by telephone, at the scrap salvage company which dumpster to pick up.
- Dispose of all scrap wood and interfaces with external vendors to maintain empty hoppers at all times for scrap wood disposal
- Keep department provided with pallets and disposes of unusable pallets.
- Move pallets of in-process work to where they are accessible to various machines, marking these items appropriately with pallet ID tags.
- Receive, locate, and issue “daily release” parts daily to assure proper inventory.
- Stack work-in-process or component parts in storage racks.
- Use a 5-ton crane to unload bar stock and sheet steel from trucks. Locates material with proper identification attached and turns receiving paperwork in at the receiving desk for quality inspection. Unloads coil steel for the Georg and locates it into the proper cradle, marking it appropriately.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Health benefits and vacation time are available to use on day one, paid holidays, shift premium, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, educational assistance program, wellness reimbursement, and more!
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.