Material Handling Equipment Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Material Handling Equipment Technician I (USBL-US)|
|Location||Westbrook, ME, United States|
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments, and other customers who prepare meals away from home. The family of products includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries.
The company is Material Handling Equipment Technician who will be responsible for assisting Material Handling Equipment (MHE) technician II and III with maintenance activities associated with material handling equipment, and maintenance of industrial batteries.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Tech School or equivalent is preferred (2 years)
- The candidates should have 2 years in an MHE maintenance position (no experience required)
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and attendance
- Battery Maintenance duties will include battery charger repairs, battery changes for MHE, repair of plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing batteries, acid spill cleanup, battery rack cleaning, battery area sweeping and cleaning, setting equalizing charge on batteries
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Completes all special projects associated with buildings or grounds, as requested. Includes but is not limited to moving furniture or fixtures, changing lights, light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs, repair of minor electrical devices
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state, and federal regulations
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- Learn to perform and maintain power material handling equipment (MHE) including preventive maintenance (PM) of MHE fleet checking, draining and filling oil levels as needed, checking, adjusting, or replacing all belts and chains as needed, checking and troubleshooting electrical controls issues, replacing motors and controls, safety checks, PM per manufacturers recommendations
- Learn/complete small electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Learn/gain knowledge of controls and electric (AC – Alternative Current and DC – Direct Current) low voltage.
- Learn/gain knowledge of hydraulic systems/schematics/components, electrical systems/schematics both AC and DC (distribution center) systems, drive motors, power amps, electrical controls including PLC systems
- Learn/gain knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions, drive units, differentials, braking systems, telescopic masts, reach mechanisms, steering systems, suspension systems
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Responsible for housekeeping, clean-up of all maintenance areas/work areas on a daily basis.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Complete a Sysco approved the defensive driving program
- MHE 8 hour maintenance tech certificate from MHE manufacturer (IE: Crown, Raymond, Hyster, etc.) preferred
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold, and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- Associate Perks at Work
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Behavioral Health/Substance Use Benefits
- College Savings
- Critical Illness
- Dependent Care FSA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Work-Life Resources
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health Care FSA
- Health Management Programs
- Health Savings Plan (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Leave of Absence
- Legal Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Limited Use FSA
- Parent Support Resources
- Prescription Drugs
- Specialty Health Resources
- Virtual Behavioral Health Services
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sysco.com.