Material Science Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Material Science Technician|
|Location||Chanhassen, MN, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is looking for a Material Science Technician who will perform daily destructive and non-destructive tests on a variety of components to support functions across the organization.
Candidates will use specialized equipment and techniques to analyze components and report results to stakeholders from design, manufacturing, and quality.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree from a college or university or 1800 hours of technical education or equivalent in material testing and weld inspection
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Collaborate with stakeholders in specifying appropriate tests and interpreting results.
- Communicate and report results to stakeholders.
- Inspect welds to specified requirements for procedure and performance qualifications
- Learn, develop, and apply new techniques.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform nondestructive and destructive tests of moderate complexity including visual inspections, microscopic examinations, hardness, tensile, x-ray fluorescence, digital radiography, and computed tomography.
- Support teammates in failure analysis, product testing, and metrology activities.
- Test and analyze electronic components, welds, metals, and plastics.
- Work from drawings, standards, and internal specifications.
- Basic understanding of welding, metallurgy, and material properties
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Certified Welding Inspector or Visual Testing Level II certification
- Hardness testing, tensile testing, optical microscopy, SEM, sample preparation and etching, XRF,
- NDT – VT, PT, DR, CT Certifications
- Welding qualification standards such as ASME IX, ISO 9606, ISO 15614
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- The company offers flexible and competitive benefits plans that include medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.
- It also provides flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.