Materials Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is recruiting a Materials Engineer who will help to take the workshop (Turbo Services) to the next level.
Provide materials-related engineering support and project management for the repair operations executed.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 semesters of chemistry and materials-specific coursework (from college/university)
- Possess work-related experience (preferred)
- Active involvement in the initial inspection process to determine whether standard repair processes must be modified to suit the condition of equipment components.
- Assisting in the management of the Materials Lab by helping to oversee the maintenance of equipment, ordering of supplies, providing guidance to the Lab Technician, and aiding in the general daily operations.
- Guidance regarding the selection of materials used in the refurbishment of various equipment components
- Interfacing with sales and operations during the development of technical proposals and aiding in defining the work scope and estimate of costs.
- Performing failure analyses to determine damage mechanisms and mode of failure.
- Periodically writing and presenting results of development work and case studies at technical conferences and user group meetings.
- Proposing and overseeing the development of processes and materials
- The review, development, and maintenance of qualification records for welding, brazing, coating, and heat treatment processes.
- Troubleshooting materials issues in the production process and recommending potential solutions.
- Be familiar with common laboratory practices to ensure the health and safety of persons working in, and visiting the Materials Laboratory.
- Ensure customer visitors have received the required safety induction, are properly signed in, and have the required PPE while on shop visits
- Identify problems and areas of improvement and notify management accordingly
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn technical and design aspects of Rotating Equipment service and repairs
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Physical ability to work in a shop environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Time management skills
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel and clients within all levels of the organization
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.