Website Collins Aerospace
Materials Scientist/Metallurgist Job Highlights
|Function||Research, Analyst, and IT|
|Location||Rockford, IL, United States|
Collins Aerospace (a Raytheon Technologies company) is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. The company has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is looking for an individual who will support the Design Support function within the Power and Controls Material Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an institute and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Note: In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- The candidates should have required work experience in the related field along with certain education (program).
- Analyzes, researches, designs, and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems, and subsystems.
- Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development to exchange information, ideas, and techniques.
- May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures.
- Performs material analyses that include, but are not limited to, failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications.
- Reviews new product plans and makes recommendations for material selection to ensure that design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost are achieved.
- Trains, instructs and provides technical guidance to employees to help them diagnose and solve problems and enhance their capabilities.
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science and Engineering
- Experience with Aerospace Materials Specification, Military Specifications and use of MMPDS
- Experience with Aluminum Alloys, Stainless Steels, High Strength Materials, Titanium, and Magnesium Alloys, Heat Treatment, Mechanical Testing, NDT, Welding, Brazing, and Soldering for Aerospace application
- Experience with Metallic Material characterization and data analysis, e.g., determining to design allowable limits
- Experience working on multiple customers’ demands with urgency
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Familiarity with the Casting Technology for Aluminum, Magnesium, and Titanium, Forging, and different Machining methods
- Knowledge of Materials of Concern and REACH ECHA Regulations
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Tuition reimbursement
Collins Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.