Website DCP Midstream
MC Tech/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Artesia, NM, United States|
DCP Midstream is a natural gas company dedicated to meeting energy demands. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
The company is seeking a Welder who can interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
This position is required to weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines. The Welder uses specialized machinery for industrial welding, oversees machines that perform the same job, and maintains and repairs all machinery.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience with structure or pipe joint welding
- Experience with confined space welding with the use of a respirator
- Ability to fusion poly pipe.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, heat-bends, grinds, or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors. Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Examines workpieces for defects and measures workpieces to ensure conformance with specifications. Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Fabricates and constructs piping segments and attach fittings that require field fit-up, erection, and assembly.
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of the material.
- Reads Drawings; Isometric, Piping, and Structure.
- Uses hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metals components, or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products or pipes. Read a Weld Procedure Specification (WPS) to produce a weld according to the requirements of the procedure.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions. Ignites torches or starts power suppliers and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Able to work extended hours and call-outs as needed
- Basic knowledge of welding equipment
- Knowledge of fabrication Isometric, Piping and Structure
- Live or be willing to relocate to within 35 miles of reporting location
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Work in excavations dug by excavating equipment (Backhoes, Track hoes, etc.); Pipeline repair activity
- Able to stoop, squat, kneel and/or crouch while assembling/disassembling various nuts and bolts
- Able to work in extreme temperatures (cold/hot)
- Hold tools weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Lift and carry a maximum of 50 lbs. for no less than 25 feet; less than 33% of the time
- May be required to hold a CDL and pass a DOT physical and history check (depending on work location)
- Occasional climb ladders and stairs
- Pull up to 100 lbs. of force in any comfortable position at a self-selected height
- Occasional travel will be required
- 401k match
- Employer matches for charitable giving
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness-focused medical benefits
DCP Midstream does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or another legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit dcp-midstream-llc.jobs.net.