Website Core & Main
Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Poca, WV, United States|
|Company||Core & Main|
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities with innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is searching for a Mechanic who will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and repair of power mechanical equipment and company vehicles.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Specialized skills Training/Certification may be required.
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Experience in the mechanical field.
- Checks and refuels equipment.
- Cleans, inspects, services, and tests equipment prior to tagging Ready-to-Rent.
- Completes work orders for internal and external repairs.
- Maintains all decals, safety warnings, and company ID stickers.
- Maintains company vehicles.
- Prepares accurate records on maintenance, repair, and fuel levels of equipment.
- Repairs power and mechanical equipment
- Reports safety violations to supervisor.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves a regular review of output by a senior co-worker or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.