Website Martin Marietta
Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||San Luis Obispo, CA, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Mechanic who will be responsible for performing preventative and emergency maintenance of repairs and maintaining concrete mixer and material delivery trucks, along with other vehicles and equipment related to the industry.
The employee will perform all work in a manner that complies with the safety policy and practices.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of experience repairing ready mix equipment or vocational training
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA regulations and safety orders, including safety precautions on raised truck beds, brakes, mixer lockouts, etc.
- Will maintain good housekeeping with the ability to keep company records and complete work orders on equipment. Repairs and maintenance functions consist of the following-
-Will perform diesel and gasoline engine repairs.
-Will diagnose and perform power train component repairs.
-Ability to troubleshoot and perform hydraulic system repairs.
-Must have complete knowledge of truck air brake systems with the ability to diagnose and repair problems.
-Ability to repair suspension and steering system.
-Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems.
-Ability to perform specialized component repair such as hydraulic and mechanical drives.
-Ability to make minor repairs including welding and cutting.
- Will perform other duties and assignments as required.
- Commercial driver’s license (Class A or B) with tanker and doubles/triples endorsements preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance manuals
- Must be able to write legibly to complete work orders and other required paperwork
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV (no more than 1 point on record, no suspensions, failures to appear, etc.)
- Prior construction experience preferred
- Sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist, and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75-100 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.