Website Harsco Environmental
Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Muscatine, IA, United States|
Harsco Environmental, a division of Harsco Corporation, provides material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. The company’s onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefits and return valuable raw materials to production.
The company is looking for a Mechanic who must be able, at a minimum, to communicate clearly, have strong organizational skills, perform basic troubleshooting and repairs on heavy and light mobile equipment, perform duties safely and efficiently, maintain a safe and clean work area, and possess the basic hand tools for the job.
- There is no special education given, yet a High School Diploma may be required.
- The candidates should have previous general maintenance and lubrication skills.
Experienced Heavy Diesel Equipment Mechanic-
- Diagnosis and fault finding on various large, off-road construction equipment types (Wheel Loaders, Material handlers, Excavator, Trucks, etc.)
- Experience in Caterpillar engine technology and diagnostic tools (e.g. e-Technician)
- Perform mechanical/Hydraulic/electrical repairs on various engine and powertrain systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance services (oil and filter change) and equipment inspections
Experienced in HVAC, MVAC, and electrical installations, inspections, and repair on both heavy mobile equipment, material recovery plants, and facilities-
- Ability to read schematics and charts
- Diagnosis and fault finding
- Effective PM programs for batteries and electrical systems
- Possess required certifications and training to maintain and charge all MVAC and HVAC units at the site location meeting all environmental requirements
Experienced in Lubrication Technology-
- Creating defect reports
- Fuel equipment that cannot travel
- Maintain organized stock sufficient to perform services and basic repairs as well as bulk fuel, coolant, lubricants, and oils.
- Maintenance of processing plant or other fixed assets
- Material Processing Plant troubleshooting and repairs
- Preventative maintenance inspections
- Realign belts and shafts
- Routine PM services on heavy mobile equipment following an established plan.
- Troubleshoot and repair processing and rotating equipment used in material processing plants such as screens, crushers, conveyors, or gearboxes.
- Able to maintain heavy diesel equipment have excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in small groups or individually
- The company offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.