Website Kinder Morgan
Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Stroud, OK, United States|
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies along with the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator. The company move approximately 40 percent of the natural gas consumed in the U.S.
The company is looking for a Mechanic to join its team for various trade activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- Associate’s Degree (AAS) in Diesel or Automotive Technology (preferred)
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork as required.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain structural, mechanical, and electrical equipment and/or auxiliary equipment at natural gas compressor stations.
- Interpret lubricating oil, coolant, and other operating reports.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance, and a high level of job performance.
- Operate natural gas compressors and pipelines as required.
- Overhaul compressors, engines, turbines, motors, and auxiliary equipment.
- Oversee/inspect the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Perform engine/compressor performance analysis.
- Provide training to other company personnel on proper operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software if applicable)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Customer focus.
- Experience with reading and interpreting blueprints and diagrams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high-pressure systems.
- Knowledge of regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, internal combustion engines, gas turbines, pumps, compressors, and related equipment.
- Knowledge of performance parameters and measurement techniques for mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from Supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus on attention to details, and follow work rules.
- Must have and maintain a good safety record.
- Problem-solving skills, including logical thought processes, with the ability to resolve simple to complex issues.
- Experience operating and repairing gas turbines and electric motor-driven gas compressors.
- Experience operating and repairing various compressor engine types and models.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and company-specific regulatory and tariff requirements is a plus.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment, repetitive hand use such as simple grasp and twisting motion included.
- Physical ability to lift as much as 50 lbs., bend/stoop, kneel, and climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to work in and withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skillsets.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Must live within a 40-minute response/travel time to work location
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Respond to/address callouts and emergencies outside of regular business hours.
- Travel is required; occasional overnight travel may be required and is anticipated.
Kinder Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.