Website Dyno Nobel
Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Miami, AZ, United States|
Dyno Nobel is an explosive business of Incitec Pivot Limited. It is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. It provides blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as to selected customers in other countries.
The company is searching for a Mechanic who will maintain and repair all mobile equipment, including engines, chassis, and product storage and blending equipment to assure reliable, safe, and cost-effective use of company vehicles and equipment.
- The applicants should have a minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Age – must be at least 21 years
- The candidates should have 3 years of heavy machinery or related experience
- Assist as needed with equipment operation, MMU operation, loading, and tying in of blast patterns.
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working conditions.
- Maintain all vehicle maintenance records in order to assure timely maintenance of vehicles.
- Maintain parts supply inventories and equipment in order to have necessary parts and supplies readily available and to control costs.
- Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful event.
- Proactively handle safety issues and practice the Take 5! process by using the HAT tool to promote personal responsibility for safety.
- Purchase parts and supplies needed for the repair and maintenance of vehicles in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and to be cost-effective.
- Repair and maintain all company vehicles in order to assure safe and reliable use.
- Apply practices consistent with company policies and procedures from applicable technical modules, SOPs, worksite, and safety policies and procedures (including DOT, OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and BATFE).
- Supervise other mechanics and helpers in order to meet vehicle and equipment maintenance standards.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, and to communicate in writing and verbally.
- Experience with gasoline and diesel engine, chassis, and heavy vehicle repair and maintenance, including electrical and hydraulic systems; welding; bulk delivery systems equipment.
- Manufacturers’ certifications and training in various vehicle systems.
- Must satisfy the requirements for a “possessor of explosives” as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player.
- 3 weeks annual paid vacation time + 11 paid holidays + PTO days
- A generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Generous paid parental leave
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
Dyno Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company gives all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.