Website Westinghouse Electric Company
Mechanic A Job Highlights
|Location||Ogden, UT, United States|
|Company||Westinghouse Electric Company|
Westinghouse Electric Company is the world’s leading supplier of safe and innovative nuclear technology. The company provides the most reliable, dependable nuclear power plants, nuclear fuel, plant automation, and operating plant products and services.
The company is seeking a Mechanic A who will install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and perform duties necessary to maintain functional operations of tools, machinery, process equipment, systems, etc.
- Applicants should have a Diploma or applicable education from a Trade or Technical School in industrial mechanical maintenance and may qualify for part of the experience requirement.
- Possess 5 years of mechanical craft experience (3 years of which must be in mechanical industrial maintenance)
- Coordinate area activities with the central maintenance shop.
- Install, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment according to blueprints and other drawings.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and return all tools, unused materials, and written references to designated locations.
- Maintain lubrication program.
- Observe all safety rules.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance including visual inspection of machinery and process equipment and observe for potential failures, malfunctions, worn or faulty parts, or other irregularities. Maintain preventive maintenance records.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance technicians or engineers as required.
- Receive oral or written instructions from the supervisor.
- Repair pumps, valves, blowers, compressors, vessels, conveyors, and other mechanical process equipment, and fabricate equipment or components when necessary.
- Set up and operate lathes, milling machines, drill presses, etc., to make or repair parts.
- Train other craftsmen as assigned.
- Troubleshoot equipment and replace or repair defective components.
- Abide by all rules and regulations covered by the Westinghouse Code of Business Ethics.
- Customer focus and innovation
- Integrity and trust
- Safety and Quality
- Speed and passion to win
- Teamwork and accountability
- Hand tools (manual and power), material handling equipment, gas and electric arc welding equipment, machinist tools, lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill presses, etc.
- Process equipment containing acids, alkalines, etc., fiberglass, plastic, and metal piping, fittings and materials; metal melting and fabrication equipment; lubricants including oils, greases, etc.
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness, and Income Protection Benefits
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
Westinghouse Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.westinghousenuclear.com.