Website International Paper
Mechanic (Class A) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanic – Class A|
|Location||Griffin, GA, United States|
International Paper is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products with manufacturing operations. The company produces corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue, and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness.
The company is searching for Class A Mechanic who can function in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. The position requires understanding the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality, and productivity.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have at least 5 years of industrial mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience.
- Able to work with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Be a fully functional maintenance person, demonstrating job-specific knowledge and leadership skills during major projects such as roll changes.
- Be competent in all mechanical skills (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, power transmission, lubrication) and begin developing fundamental electrical skills necessary for basic electrical troubleshooting (fuses, motors, etc.)
- Be proficient in all IP safety requirements, including, but not limited to: LOTT, Arc Flash, Hot Work, Radar, and Lockout Exception Forms.
- Have the job-specific skills necessary for all monthly PM inspections.
- Provide maintenance support to all production equipment at the Griffin plant.
- Willing and able to work all shifts, call-ins, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities.
- Excellent teamwork, cooperation, and problem-solving skills
- Maintenance experiences in the corrugated industry are a plus
- Strong knowledge of lubrication, hydraulics, welding, and pneumatics
- The company offers benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.internationalpaper.com.