Website Continental Carbon
Mechanic I Job Highlights
|Location||Phenix City, AL, United States|
Continental Carbon is a technology leader in the carbon black industry. The company utilizes scraps of low residual value (waste streams) from the end of the coal, refinery, and petrochemical industry to make valuable carbon black for the rubber industry and tail gas for renewable power generation.
The company is looking for a Mechanic who will maintain production and quality by ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 year of related experience in a manufacturing facility (preferred)
- Must pass a Mechanical Skills Certification Test, Welding Exam, or an Electrical Exam
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Assist with improved quality and efficiencies in the Maintenance Department.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work individually or as a team member
- Strong mechanical skills and aptitude
Continental Carbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit continentalcarbon.synchr-recruit.com.