Website International Paper
Mechanic (Level 4) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanic – Level 4|
|Location||Tolleson, AZ, United States|
International Paper is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products with manufacturing operations. The company produces corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue, and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness.
The company is seeking a Mechanic to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants may be required to have basic education i.e. High School Diploma
- The candidates should have 7+ years of experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Following all safety rules and practices.
- Ensure product safety
-accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records and other paperwork;
-accurately using measurement and test equipment; knowledge of types of pitch, a diameter of gears (spur, bevel, right angle, herringbone and rack, and pinion); ability to install and check for backlash and wear and maintain gears; knowledge of all tools and proficient with scales, tape measures, micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, torque wrenches, and pullers
-contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results;
-Identify types of bearing and class of fits (roller, ball, tapered and cylindrical, and spherical); identify proper sizing of belts, sheaves, sprockets, and chains.
-keeping supervision informed of problems and/or unusual situations;
-knowledge of mechanical drives and their function and troubleshooting
-knowledge of rigging (coma longs, port-a-power, blocking, chain falls, slings, chokers, hydraulic jack, machine dollies, booms, and spreader bars;
-maintaining clean and organized work areas, and cleaning up work areas as part of completing assigned tasks;
-maintaining teamwork with other associates;
-performing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam system, and other repairs and installations as needed; read and interpret pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and diagrams; ability to design, build and install simple pneumatic and hydraulic systems
-performing emergency/break down maintenance as necessary to support plant operations;
-performing preventative maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components, and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels;
-proficient in all types of welding (torch, stick, MIG, and TIG)
-referencing equipment manuals and other technical literature; knowledge of detailed mechanical equipment drawings and ability to use detailed blueprints in carrying out troubleshooting and equipment repairs;
-safely operating the boiler, and maintaining adequate operation steam pressure (greater than or equal to 180 PSI);
-trouble-shooting and solving problems;
-utilizes a maintenance computer system to enter notifications, time, research parts, manuals, drawings, etc.
- Qualifications for maintenance technicians should have 7+ years in an industrial maintenance position, include the ability to perform the duties/responsibilities of the job with or without accommodation; the ability to accurately use and read a variety of measuring devices; well-rounded electrical, mechanical, and machine shop skills and experience; the ability to learn, and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, work effectively as a member of a team and work without supervision.
- The maintenance supervisor evaluates maintenance technician qualifications.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of the function, wiring, and troubleshooting PLC’s
- Knowledge of the functions and troubleshooting of VFDs and motor control circuits.
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in electrical systems or equipment
- This is an interview position and will require taking the maintenance skills test prior to interviewing.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- The company offers benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.internationalpaper.com.