Mechanic Maintenance Job Highlights
|Location||Fort Worth, TX, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic who will perform all types of mechanical jobs throughout the assigned area.
Maintain plant equipment and facilities to meet operating requirements and objectives, during and outside of regular operation schedules and maintenance.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior Mechanical experience/welding experience, training, or certification required
- Prior plant maintenance mechanic experience is a plus
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Collect data for preventative and predictive plant maintenance projects
- Inspect lubrication for mechanical equipment, record data for running equipment, take lab samples as required, drain the oil and change oil and filters on all equipment oil reservoirs
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Operate mobile equipment to assist with completing maintenance assigned duties
- Perform maintenance mechanic assignments on plant equipment and facilities
- Perform millwright assignments such as bearing replacement, alignment of equipment, and inspection and repair of power transmission according to plant standards
- Perform pipefitter assignments to install, maintain and inspect existing and future piping structures on all types of piping systems
- Perform plumbing inspection and repair on plant equipment and facilities
- Perform welding and cutting assignments such as fabrication of plant equipment and structures and repair of worn process equipment according to plant standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, welders, leadmen, other Mechanics, maintenance personnel, co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to identify and select the appropriate material and equipment necessary to perform the correct mechanical work and repair
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and Mechanical work-related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards and breakdown of plant and quarry machinery and equipment and respond accordingly
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, and conversions of four-five digit numbers and common units of measurement in both metric and the decimal systems
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Bi-lingual (a plus)
- The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.