Website Vicinity Energy
Mechanic/Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Kansas City, MO, United States|
Vicinity Energy is the largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure, and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs.
The company is looking for a candidate who can install, repair, operate, monitor, maintain plant equipment to ensure reliable, safe, and efficient operation of the plant systems. The systems include chillers, high-pressure boilers, and auxiliary equipment using natural gas as the primary fuel source to ensure continuous reliable service of steam and chilled water to the company’s customers.
- The aspiring applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Technical trade school training is preferred.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in pipe fitting along with steam plant maintenance of boilers, turbines, pumps, valves, and traps.
- Boiler or power plant experience preferred
- Navy nuclear experience is preferred
- Chiller/chilled water system experience preferred
- Proficiency with rigging and hoisting, welding, cutting, brazing, and pipe fitting.
Note: Will be required to obtain a Kansas City Operating Engineers License within 3 years of starting employment.
- Communicate timely and relevant information to management, direct reports, and others as situations necessitate.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Ensure task completion, operation efficiency, and reliability for unit and corporate goals attainment.
- Install mechanical seals, belts, couplings, and work with any hydraulic, pneumatic, or city water system and related equipment.
- Install, repair, troubleshoot, control, and maintain chillers, steam turbines, HP boilers, valves, traps, expansion joints, piping systems, auxiliary equipment, and distribution systems for local and remote facilities. Verify all equipment systems, pressure and temperatures are operating and maintained within limitations for the intended purpose.
- Lockout equipment for unlocks equipment, maintenance, and tests equipment after completion of repair following established Lock Out/Tag Out Permit Procedures.
- Maintain logs of the various aspects of the plant’s operation as required.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the plant and equipment.
- Monitor equipment, identify problem areas, and develop problem resolution for equipment failures and out-of-ordinary conditions. Performs troubleshooting, prepares work permits and work orders.
- Operate and regenerate cold-water zeolites to produce water for boiler operation.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform any other duties and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform chemical analysis on boiler water samples as required.
- Perform precision alignment and measurement.
- Performs inspections, predictive and preventive maintenance, and repairs on equipment including maintenance on valves, pumps, turbines, chiller, distribution system equipment, etc.
- Plan, schedule and implement daily activities and identify and set priorities.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
Note: May have to work shift work from time to time. On-call may be required. Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts that include holidays, nights, and weekends.
- The ability to weld and pass the site welding exam is preferred but not required.
- Ability to use computer and calculator.
- Ability to meet highest punctuality and attendance requirements.
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit us60.dayforcehcm.com.