Mechanic (Plant I or II) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanic – Plant I or II|
|Location||Killona, LA, United States|
Entergy is creating a cleaner, more resilient energy future for everyone with its diverse power generation portfolio, including increasingly carbon-free energy sources. The company is a recognized leader in corporate citizenship, delivering more than $100 million in economic benefits to local communities through philanthropy and advocacy efforts annually over the last several years.
The company is looking for a Mechanic who will perform work in the areas of maintenance, repair, modification, and troubleshooting of equipment.
- The applicants should have a related Vocational, Trade School, Apprentice Program, or Equivalent Military Training
- Mechanic Plant I – No prior experience is required, however, experience in nuclear power plant maintenance is preferred.
- Mechanic Plant II – 2 to 4 years of commercial nuclear experience
- Assists engineering with testing and evaluations.
- Identifies problems, defects, failures that degrade component and system integrity and reliability.
- Implements and performs preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Installs, aligns, assembles, and disassembles equipment.
- Operates cranes, forklifts, and other equipment as required.
- Performs maintenance, inspection, repair, testing, and surveillance on plant equipment.
- Performs skilled work involving welding, brazing, pipefitting, pipe covering, and insulating.
- Performs work in complex environments that may include heights, hot environments, and confined spaces.
- Repairs building foundations, floors, windows, doors, roofs, plumbing, and heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Repairs reactor components, pumps, heat exchangers, condensers, fuel handling equipment, and boilers.
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.
- Ability to make semi-technical calculations involved in the electrical area.
- Ability to use required tools and equipment and possess the capability to make complex repairs and adjustments on plant mechanical equipment.
- Desired: Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operations.
- Successful completion of EEI MASS test.
Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, or Vets.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.entergy.com.